Online Church School Governance Course
Location - Online
Time - 25th June 2017 - 24th June 2018
The Diocese of Chelmsford has launched a unique e-learning course which:
- will provide an entry level breakdown of governance in a church school
- particular attention is given to the role of the foundation governor
- ensure a reasonable understanding at the beginning of a term of office
- can be used as a refresher for serving governors
The e-learning course contains four modules, is interactive and involves completion of a true/false questionnaire at the end of each module.
It will take 45 -90 minutes to complete.
- Module One introduces the course with information about church schools, admissions, the foundation governor and key principles of governance
- Module Two looks at a range of responsibilities including upholding the religious character, SIAMS (which will be updated to the new framework when in place), RE and Collective Worship and academies.
- Module Three focuses on ethos, vision and values.
- Module Four considers how governors can develop the link between church and school.
New Grove Book: Governance in Church Schools
A new Grove book (eD31) written by the author of the e-learning course, Mike Simmonds, is available direct from grovebooks.co.uk in printed and e-book formats. This is a standalone resource also written to provide further personal development for those who complete the online course. Each chapter contains a ‘Reflection or Group Discussion’ section to enable the individual or a governance board to use in their development.
Themes covered are:
- Nature and Purpose
- Faith and Calling
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Vision and Mission
- Church and School
- Kingdom and Learning
Offer to other Diocese
The Diocese of Chelmsford is preparing to make the Online Governance course available in a bespoke format for other Diocese. The offer will include:
- the opportunity to review the course online before purchasing;
- the facility to select bespoke areas and provide alternative text and logos;
- being provided with a link and enrolment ‘code’ to promote and enable governors to use the bespoke course; and
- reports and information on those who have completed the course.
The cost is yet to be determined but is likely to be a four year subscription.
To register your interest and receive a link to review the e-learning course please email: email@example.com