Foundation Governors have a key role in addition to the responsibilities of any governor. Their key task is to secure, develop and maintain the religious character of the school, namely its Christian distinctiveness.
Their responsibilities will include:
- Preserving the links between Church, School and Diocese
- Taking an active role in the SIAMS process
- Ensuring that collective worship and religious education at the school are appropriately monitored
- Ensuring that collective worship and religious education at the school follow the appropriate guidelines and/or syllabus
- Bringing to the attention of the Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) any matters requiring their attention regarding the school
- Ensuring that the Christian ethos of the school is encouraged throughout its community and is reflected in its policies and protocols, the curriculum and activities
- Ensuring that their own attitudes and behaviour in relation to the school reflect its Christian ethos.
Further information about the nomination of Foundation Governors and the appointment process, can be found in our Guidelines for the Nomination of Foundation Governors document.
This form should be used for PCC, DBE and CDET Foundation Governor nominations.
Nomination Form for Foundation Governors
Once completed and signed, forms should be sent to:
Education Team Administrator,
Diocese of Chelmsford,
53 New Street,
Essex CM1 1AT.