Training is an absolute must for any serving governor. You are strongly advised to undertake a range of courses provided by your Local Authority and/or our online course. It is imperative that all involved in church school governance in the Diocese undertake this course as soon as possible after appointment or election.
As a governor of a Church School it is also important to develop an understanding of the Christian nature of the school. Learning how that impacts on the role, work and outcomes of governance will enable you to become more effective.
Courses will be held in the Diocese to equip you or to help develop you as a governor of a Church School. All governors (including Heads and staff governors) are entitled to attend. It is especially valuable when a group of governors from a school or cluster of schools attend.
The specific courses for governance are:
- Servant Leadership in Church School Governance
- Inhabiting Governance Distinctively
- School Leaders Conference
- Practical Guidance, Planning and Preparation for SIAMS
- Mission & Schools, Closing the Gap: Clergy as Governors
- Not to be Served but to Serve: overnance as Ministry
- SIAMS Self-Evaluation Workshop