Learning and Development Programme
Every academic year, the Education Team offer a wide range of training relevant to head teachers, subject leaders, teaching staff and governors working in schools across the Diocese. The training on offer is carefully designed to support many areas of school life including school improvement, Christian distinctiveness, Governance and SIAMs preparation.
- Some of the courses are very popular and fill up fast – do book early to avoid disappointment
- Many of these courses are free to schools subscribing to the Partnership Agreement
- In the unlikely event of insufficient numbers, the course may be cancelled at short notice. We aim to inform schools at least three weeks in advance of the course date, if this is likely to happen
- Additional training and support will be offered throughout the year so please subscribe to our E-Bulletins for notifications of additional courses.
The training on offer will continue to develop throughout the year, particularly as we adapt to the evolving requirements around social distancing.
Costs to schools
Costs for each course or event are available on the individual course pages below. Many of the courses are free. For those that incur a cost, our pricing structure is as follows*:
Partnership Agreement (PA) Schools
- Subscription to the Partnership Agreement includes four training sessions. Training sessions are equivalent to 3.5 hours in person or 2 hours online
- Half-day courses are equivalent to one session
- Full-day courses are equivalent to two sessions
- Further sessions are discounted to £75+VAT for the first attendee, then £50+VAT per additional attendee up to a maximum of 3 people.
Non-Partnership Agreement (PA) Schools
- Half-day course: £110+VAT per person
- Full-day course: £225+VAT per person.
*With the exception of the Church School Leadership Course, which has a different pricing structure.
To book a place and to find out further information about each of the courses please follow the relevant links below.
Heads and Chairs termly briefings
2020/21 sees the exciting launch of our new termly update sessions for Church School Leaders and Chairs of Governors. These virtual briefings, lasting approximately an hour, will be offered termly and will be led by members of the Education Team and invited speakers.
Headteacher Induction Programme
Our Induction Programme is carefully designed to offer a bespoke programme supporting Heads that are new to the role, new to Church schools and/or new to the Diocese. There will be a strong focus on building relationships with other Headteachers as well as members of the Education team, while exploring elements distinct to Church School Leadership.
Allowing spirituality to flourish
This is an opportunity to develop a clear and secure understanding of Spiritual Development in a Church School. The place of Spirituality in Ofsted and SIAMS will be explored as well as practical strategies for planning opportunities that allow spirituality to flourish across the curriculum.
RE Leads meetings
Led by RE Adviser for the Diocese, these regular meetings will cover key information relating to RE subject leadership and the distinctiveness of leading Religious Education in a Church of England School.
To support governors across the Diocese, Our Governance Consultant, Mike Simmonds is introducing a new opportunity to discuss any current issues or concerns, support one another and introduce ideas.
Church School Leadership Course
Applications are now open for our 2021/22 Church School Leadership Course.
The course is designed for School Leaders: for those who are already leaders or aspire to be leaders – Headteacher, Head of School, Middle Leader, Department, Subject or Year Group Leaders.
If you have any questions, please contact the Education Team administrator via email email@example.com or phone 01245 294441.