Church School Leadership Course
Course duration: June 2021 – March 2022
This course enables participants to:
- Engage with current thinking and practice in relation to Leadership and Vision
- Develop successful and reflective practice in your own setting including engagement with personality profiling, effective communication, influence and problem-solving
- Explore leadership styles and how to develop effective teams within the current educational climate
- Think deeply about integrating your personal and professional life.
Previous course participants:
On this page:
- Course content
- Who is the course for?
- The learning environment
- Coursework and assessment
- Contact details
In the welcoming environment of High Leigh Conference Centre and locations within the Dioceses of Chelmsford and St Albans, this course will help you to integrate your personal philosophy and values with your professional practice.
- You will explore becoming more reflective leaders engaging with the links between Christian distinctiveness and effectiveness in a Church school
- Explore personal vision and ethos and its relationship to leadership, educational philosophy and individual school priorities
- You will undertake Action research related to leadership around an aspect of personal interest within Church Schools to be presented at the end of the course.
It is designed for School Leaders, for those who are already leaders or aspire to be leaders – Headteacher, Head of School, Middle Leader, Department, Subject or Year Group Leaders.
It will be beneficial when applying for posts in Church of England Schools.
The heart of the course is two 24 hour residential gatherings with overnight accommodation included plus two whole day seminars.
Attendance at all sessions is a requirement of the course.
The residentials are held at High Leigh Conference Centre, Lord Street, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire CN11 8SG. By road seven miles from the M25. Further information available at www.cct.org/high-leigh/high-leigh-conference-centre
- Attendance and full participation in all residentials and seminars is mandatory
- Presentation including questions on a topic of personal interest applying your knowledge of Vision and Leadership. The topic will be identified with personal tutor during the first part of the course and to be delivered at the second residential
- Expectation to engage in essential professional reading to contribute to discussion
- Residential One: 24 June 2021, 4pm to 25 June 2021, 4pm
- Seminar One: 30 September 2021 10am – 4pm
- Seminar Two: 25 November 2021 10am – 4pm
- Residential Two: March 2022
Residentials: High Leigh conference centre, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
Seminars: venues to be confirmed as High Leigh conference centre or within the Dioceses of Chelmsford and St Albans.
- The cost of the course is £750 plus VAT
- In the event you are no longer to attend any of the sessions, or wish to withdraw from this course, regrettably course fees are non-refundable or transferrable
- A third of the course fee is available through The Hockerill Foundation grant. Details are available on the Hockerill Foundation website
- The fee includes full-board, overnight accommodation at the two residentials and catering at the day seminars.
Deadline for applications is 20 January 2021.