The Lord’s Prayer - class based Collective Worship
The Chelmsford Diocesan Education Team is delighted to share with you some ideas to support your schools’ class based Collective Worship. These weekly suggestions, explore the Lord’s Prayer. Schools are encouraged to use the ideas to tailor them to their own needs.
The Lord’s Prayer is the most repeated prayer in Christian tradition. It has been represented through song, art and signing which help us to explore it in many ways.
The Lord’s Prayer should have a central role in our Church schools and in our school Acts of Collective Worship. In our series of suggestions, we are exploring different lines of the prayer. However, it is important that the Lord's Prayer is seen as a whole and we would encourage schools to ensure that the Lord’s Prayer is shared as a whole in each of the Acts of Worship. This will also serve to deepen the children’s familiarity with the prayer.
Resources for schools
Our resources are free to download and contain session material for 11 weeks:
- Introduction: Introduction and background notes for teachers
- Week 1: What is prayer?
- Week 2: Our Father in heaven
- Week 3: Hallow be Your name
- Week 4: Thy Kingdom come
- Week 5: Your will be done on earth as in heaven
- Week 6: Give us today our daily bread
- Week 7: Forgive us our sins
- Week 8: As we forgive those who sin against us
- Week 9: Lead us not into temptation
- Week 10: Deliver us from evil
- Week 11: For ever and ever. Amen.
We hope that these will be helpful to you and we welcome your feedback, suggestions or contributions at email@example.com.